Tours available with GoToCiales, see more at: TOURS
As historical data, the establishment of chapels, hermitages or churches was only allowed in towns with more than thirty families or neighbors and that were more than five leagues (15 miles) away from the nearest parish. Therefore, it was not uncommon for the main reasons given by the inhabitants of an area for founding a town to be their difficulties in attending church. However, the determining factor for a territory to become a town was that it had enough population and resources to be an independent administration, creating a town hall and a self-sufficient parish.
In 1820, when Ciales received permits to separate from Manatí and establish itself as a town, the residents who had remained to the south of Manatí complied with the requirement of erecting a church. It was erected in 1818 in wood and dedicated in 1820 to the dedication of the Virgen del Rosario and the patriarch San José de los Ciales, as can be seen from the first baptismal certificate on the same day of the foundation, June 24. from 1820.